Friday, August 05, 2005

Good luck to the new 1Ls!

Good luck to everyone starting law school in the next few weeks - and also to everyone returning. I bought my books yesterday - yikes! At least they are large, dense, heavy books so I feel like I got something for the $100 per book. Naturally, all are brand new editions.

Just one piece of sort-of advice about law school for the incoming 1Ls - plan your money so you don't have to work over the summer. If you get a job, great - extra money. If you don't, even better, because you don't have to freak out about what to do for money. My solution of taking summer school was good, but not perfect - it meant one required class out of the way, but additional loans. Naturally, your mileage may vary.

Anyway, I'll be spending my last week before school starts "relaxing" - if by "relaxing" you mean doing resumes, cover letters, finding a topic for my note, cleaning my apartment, doing the first day assignments (60 pages for one class! It had better be a whole week's worth of reading!) and obtaining a new bus pass. Ah, the life of a second year student!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home