Saturday, August 27, 2005

Checklist for the past two weeks

For anyone curious what your to-do list might look like as a 2L, here's a partial list of what I had to do:

Read/evaluate 6 articles for possible publication in the law review.
Do copywork - checking footnotes for part of one article that will be published
Read and do assignments for 4 classes
Select firms to "drop" resumes for for OCI
Re-do my resume
Decide what to use for a writing sample, and edit it so it is presentable
Write cover letters for the firms chosen - I didn't customize mine very much, so I saved some time there. We'll see if that affects how many interviews I get, if any.
Decide on a topic for my law review note
Continue working for the professor I worked for this summer

And that's just the school work. But I did it and lived to tell the tale.