Sunday, December 04, 2005

What part of "I need to study" don't you understand?

Legal Quandary has some advice for anyone who has a law student in their life here. She is so right.

As some of you might remember, I moved in with my parents recently, to save some money. This has worked out pretty well, aside from the fact that I am very used to running my own house and have my own ideas of how things should be done that differ from my mother's. That is a minor issue compared to the fact that they still fail to understand that when I say I need to study, I need to study all day. (Okay, not all day, but most of it - see previous entry.) Here's a case study: I have my first exam tomorrow - Evidence. So what did my parents decide to do? Put up the Christmas tree. Which is fine, they can do as they like, but then comes the inevitable: "Do you want to help?" Well, yes, I would love to help BUT I NEED TO STUDY! Of course I would rather drink eggnog, listen to carols and trim the tree. But I also would like to pass Evidence. So, in the interests of family harmony, I took 1/2 an hour break to help. And now another 15 to publish this entry.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent - good luck with exams, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home