Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring Fever

I know it's been a while since my last real post. Not much is new, really. I'm still trying to find another part-time job for the summer. I still have one more draft of my note to finish, then I can burn all of my westlaw/lexis printouts finally. I should be starting to prepare for finals, but I'd really rather spend the time goofing off. It doesn't help that the weather is beautiful right now - highs in the 70s/80s - just gorgeous. I went on a picnic in the park last week with my sister and nephew and it was so much fun.

We got to register for classes for the Fall today. Here's my schedule right now, but I will drop one of these classes, I just don't know which one. Opinions, anyone?
Estate and Gift Tax
Secured Transactions
[my state] civil procedure
Trial Advocacy
Statutory Interpretation

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian D. said...

I assume Trial Advocacy is a mock trial where you learn how to move around a courtroom. The class drove me nuts but I found it useful.

Estate and Gift Tax is useful if only to be exposed to how screwed up the tax code is.

Secured Transaction: oh wow a UCC course. You shoul have one before you graduate, but Sales is more interesting than Secured Transactions.

Civ Pro: if you're staying in that state hard to say not a useful class.

Statutory Interpretation: could be fun. You might need to make an interpretation in a brief, get onto gov't staff, or just learn something.

I say dump Secured Transactions unless you really like UCC stuff.

04 April, 2006 19:30  
Blogger Stare Decisis said...

Brian, thanks for your input!

You are right about Trial Ad - mock trials, etc. I liked Federal Income Tax, so I think Estate tax will be "fun" too, though different. I'm definitely leaning toward dropping Secured Transactions, partly because I've talked to other students who took it this year, and they didn't think it was helpful. I hope they are offering sales in the spring, though!

04 April, 2006 20:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...this is a tough one. Keep Trial Ad, because real life stuff is always good to have. Estate and Gift only if it's tested on your state's bar. Secured Transactions can be cool, ours was packaged with Sales into one big humdinger of a course call Commercial Law. Civ Pro, if you're sitting for that state's bar, a must do. Statutory Interpretation....eh, only if you're into that sort of thing. I'm one to talk, I voluntarily sat through Administrative Law. Heh.

04 May, 2006 17:35  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home