Sunday, November 26, 2006

I love Netflix

I watched An Inconvenient Truth on DVD yesterday - I highly recommend it. Who knew Al Gore could be so interesting? I also finished the first disk of How I Met Your Mother - Season 1, which I also highly recommend, for different reasons. Each episode is only 20 minutes long, for one thing, so you can easily use it as a study break. Don't do what I did, which was watch 5 episodes at once. Are there really 10 minutes worth of commercials when it airs "live"? Unbelievable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian D. said...

A 30 minute show typically has 10-12 minutes of commercials now. You either get commercial breaks all the time which screw up the story tempo OR commercial breaks that last forever. That's one reason why few shows have seperate opening credits anymore. They can't affort to spare the extra minute. Though HIMYM is an exceptions.

Hour long shows are the same. You get around 42 minutes of actual show now with 18 minutes of commercials. Back in the late 80s /early 90s you got around 48-50 minutes of high quality entertainment.

Somethings got to be done or else in 10 years we'll just have The Commercials as the highest rated TV show.

26 November, 2006 10:41  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home