Saturday, May 20, 2006

Update

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and kind words. My dad is doing better - he's out of ICU, not on a ventilator, and can move his arms and legs. He keeps trying to get out of bed. He's trying to talk, but can't be understood. My brother got there today, so my mom is doing much better, too. I can't imagine being away from home all alone and dealing with this. The tour company has been great, too - they arranged for someone to meet my brother at the airport, put him on the train to Plymouth, and then had a car meet him at the station there to take him to the hotel. Thankfully my parents bought trip insurance, so all of this extra expense will be covered. Anyway, keep up the positive thoughts - thanks for your support and I'll keep you updated.

2 Comments:

Blogger E. McPan said...

Thanks for the update! That's pretty cool about the trip insurance, too.

21 May, 2006 07:35  
Blogger Brian D. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad this happened somewhere that has good treatment options and not the middle of a desert. Good luck. Be well.

23 May, 2006 15:02  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home