Monday, August 14, 2006

Back to School

So I'm blogging from the school library, trying to decide if I'm more excited or nervous about school starting. It felt good to get ready, get on the bus and go to school. Even the familiar weight of my backpack felt good - felt normal. Yet I'm afraid to talk to my friends, especially the ones who don't know about my summer, becuase of the inevitable question: "How was your summer?" I think for some, I will lie by omission, and just ask about their summer. But for others, I have to tell the bad news, and then feel bad because of course they had no idea when they asked such an innocent question. It's going to be a long day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always hated the "what did you do this summer" question, too. But I also think that your friends are probably adult enough to react with sympathy and consideration, even if they get an answer they didn't expect. You definitely shouldn't feel bad for being honest with them. After all, if it comes out later, they'll be confused that you didn't mention it sooner.

14 August, 2006 09:54  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

Do the 'awkward truth' now... better than the 'oh my God why didn't you tell me, i would have blah blah blah' (because really, its all about them!)

Or don't, whatever you're comfortable with.

My prayers are with you.

14 August, 2006 10:38  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home