Friday, July 20, 2007

Should be?

The other day we got an email from our local BarBri office and the first line was "About now, you should be overwhelmed, tired and scared to death." I find that less than helpful. "Should" is not the right word. I think "you are probably..." is what she really meant. Anyway, it was annoying. Today I got the Top 10 tips from Kaplan/PMBR, and I thought those were helpful. I always get caught by the correct statement of fact vs. correct statement of law trap. Also, I need to not change my answers!

Anyway, I'm too tired to worry today, so what's occupying my thoughts are what to pack for lunch for the big days. We technically should have an hour for lunch, but I don't want to worry about getting to a restaurant and back again in time, so I'm brown-bagging. Of course, it's still summer here, so that means something that can survive being in an ice chest for the whole morning, sitting in my car since we aren't allowed to bring any food into the test (unless we have a doctor's note.) Any ideas? I'm thinking yogurt and granola bars, and some fruit. And some chocolate, of course, as a mood booster.

I'm so jealous of anyone who gets to start reading the Harry Potter book. I wonder if it's possible to avoid spoilers for a whole week?

3 Comments:

Blogger Zuska said...

Fortunately, we get to bring food, but we can't eat it during the test. It may have something to do with the fact that 90% of us will be taking public transit - it's not like we can keep stuff in the car. I'm having my hubby make me a wrap which has chicken, avocado and tabouli in it. It's very good, and I think the right mix of whole grains and protein.

I also got PMBR's list of 10 things. Yikes.

I also am really really really sad about Harry Potter. I seriously think that tonight, before I go to bed, I'm closing my laptop, and LEAVING it closed until Thursday evening, when I will come home and read the book. I was going to read it on the plane to Europe (Saturday eve), but I am not sure I can wait that long, since I expect spoilers will be everywhere.

Perhaps I should give it up, find out whether the poor boy lives or dies, and find a way to enjoy the story despite knowing the end.

20 July, 2007 10:52  
Blogger Brian D. said...

I realize where you are is extremely hot, but you better freeze the chocolate mind booster before you put it in the cooler. Warms up too much and the mess wouldn't be good. On camping trips people often freeze cheese before leaving. It'll last for days that way. Some cheese, crackers, chocolate, and fruit??? Not a bad lunch I think.

Our exam was in a convention center. Luckily you can rent a locker and that's where I put my small cooler of lunch.

20 July, 2007 11:54  
Blogger Stare Decisis said...

Ah, good tip on the chocolate. Definitely wouldn't want it to be liquid!

20 July, 2007 13:02  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home