Thursday, May 17, 2007

Location location location

They emailed us the other day to tell us where our Bar-Bri class would be held. The law school is undergoing renovation starting a few days ago, so the usual lecture halls aren't available. So our class will be downtown at some hotel. As if parking at the university weren't enough of a challenge, now everyone has to deal with downtown. I think I'll still take the bus, but we'll see if that lasts through 110 degree days. Anyway, the law library will also be closed, so the challenge now is to think of somewhere else to study. Home is pretty much out - too may interruptions from my mother, too much TV and too much internet. The regular university library is also out, and here's why: at the law library, you could spread your stuff out, and leave it at the table while you went to get a drink or use the restroom. At the main library, you're lucky if people don't steal your stuff while you're at the table. Yeah, pretty bad. So I'm thinking of the city library branch near my house, because it's usually deserted. Of course there's always the St*rbucks down the street, too.

Anyway, Bar-Bri doesn't start until the 31st, so I'm taking advantage by reading fiction and watching movies. And also: Battlestar Galactica marathon yesterday, today and tomorrow, and a Heroes marathon on Saturday - yay for SciFi Channel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zuska said...

My barbri starts the 30th. I have free time starting tomorrow - i will read fiction, clean my house, and watch Heroes, which I haven't watched since 24 started.

mmmmmm.

17 May, 2007 14:59  
Blogger Brian D. said...

Starbucks is okay, but I found a few local branches of the library were the best. One even had a quiet room. Oh it was heaven!!! After 3 years of the law school library a chance of scenery was actually a good thing I felt. IF, a big if I know, the weather is decent on some days study outside at a picnic table. The random noise didn't distract me, and the feeling of sun and wind was refreshing.

Wait a second, there was a Battlestar Galactica marathon and no one told me??? Oh frak me!

17 May, 2007 20:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home